Annual Young Artist Competition-cancelled for 2020 due to lack of applicants.
The Annual Young Artists Competition sponsored by the Menomonee Falls Symphony Orchestra will be held March 8, 2020, at the Alverno College Campus in Alphonsa Hall from 12:30 to 5:00pm in Lampe Recital Hall. Alphonsa Hall is at S. 39th St. and West Morgan Ave. The winner of this competition will have an opportunity to perform with the orchestra sometime during the following season. All instruments may audition including brass, woodwinds, percussion, strings, vocal and piano.
Application form is available here. All contestants are to apply using this form. The deadline for receipt of all applications is February 6, 2020. 2020.
1. The applicant must apply for the audition by means of the official application, accompanied by a fifty dollar non-refundable application fee. Checks can be made out to Menomonee Falls Symphony Orchestra or MFSO.
2. Applicants are to be no older than twenty-two on the day of the audition.
3. The Music Director of MFSO and the selected judge will determine the winner. They reserve the right to accept none of the applicants if an appropriate level of competency is not found.
4. The applicant must furnish TWO ORIGINAL COPIES of the composition to be performed.
5. The applicant must be prepared to perform One Movement of a Major work or any Concert Solo written with orchestral accompaniment from memory, and to provide an accompanist.
6. A former winner of these auditions who had appeared in public performance with the orchestra may audition again, but not with the same composition and only within the third season following the public appearance. If a winner, the applicant may play again within the fourth or later season after his or her previous appearance.
7. Auditions must be in person, not via tapes or recording..
8. Winner will receive $500.00 and will be required to perform with the Orchestra. Second place will receive $250.00 and will be required to perform with the Orchestra.
2019 Winners are:
1st Place-Henry Allison-Violin
2nd Place-Heather Beckman-Violin
3rd Place-Jonah Kartman-Violin
1st Place-Manuel Landin-Violin
2nd Place-Alexander Zhu-Violin
3rd Place-Christopher Carloni-String Bass
1st Place Samantha Carter- violin
2nd Place Zanetta Domblesky-violin
3rd Place Mercedes Cullen-violin